It is not easy making time to send these updates. While we have not been that busy with ministry yet (that begins tonight for us), we have been busy meeting people and sharing life in Indonesia.
The jet lag is a brute. It certainly can get the best of you. We barely were able to keep our eyes open till 7 on Wednesday night and then last night we didn’t even go out to dinner until 7:30…needless to say the table made a good pillow for the girls to sleep on (see pic here)!
Some highlights from the second half of day one and all of day two.
- The kids love the food! (see pic here), they have been saying that every meal is their favorite so far. Think that is a good thing!
- The roads take a bit of getting used to…certainly at night. The motorcycles fly by you with little kids on with two adults. It is dizzying to look at and you constantly feel like someone is going to die in front of you.
- We have been inspired by the vision of ICA Surabaya. From the 100 photo frames on the walls representing the churches they are planting to their heart for young people and raising support for them to further their education after reaching them for Jesus.
- Jenna discovered “Lizzy”. That is what we named the lizard that hangs out near the kitchen AC unit. Needless to say she had a bit of a meltdown due to that. I will try and post the vid later, but you can pray for her embrace of the 4 legged creatures that visit.
- The US dollar goes far here…about 11,000 to 1. So yesterday I spent $35,000 on a quad Americano. That Add Shot was $5,000. Painful, but fun.
- A member of ICA invited us to use her pool at an Apartment complex. The kids were refreshed as was I. It was interesting as the pool had steps going down, three steps, but when you got to step 4 it was a 6 ft. drop. Caught the girls by surprise a bit for sure.
Today we are making some gifts for everyone here that we brought with us, called Ole Ole, prepping for a youth leadership talk to some outreach teens, and finishing prep for Sunday’s talk. Tomorrow we go to the graveyard ministry outreach and are excited to begin being busy reaching out to people!